Tennessee ABC Server Permit Class in Knoxville
ABC Classes Available to the Public
The State of Tennessee requires all servers, bartenders and managers who serve alcoholic beverages to attend a 5-hour state certified alcohol awareness class in order to receive a 5 year TABC server permit.
Our ABC trainers teach the state-approved TOP Shelf Server Permit training program. Upon completion of the 5-hour ABC course, servers are eligible to receive their ABC server permit from the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission.
Steps to Enroll in our 5-hour Tennessee ABC Server Permit Class:
- Register and pay for a class
A. Pay by major credit card or PayPal below.
B. Call us and register at 865-693-6609 and pay by credit card over the phone.
C. Pay in person at our school by cash, credit card or business check at 8078 Kingston Pike Suite 122 Knoxville, TN.
- Visit the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission website at https://rlps.abc.tn.gov/citizenaccess. First create your RLPS account and complete the application to receive your Regulatory Licensing and Permitting System (RLPS) number that you will need to bring to your class.
A. Applicants must use a desktop or laptop computer to access the State RLPS system. Applicants will be required to upload a digital photo of the government issued ID as well as remit a $20 payment to the State of Tennessee.
B. Please record your RLPS number and bring it to class, as it will be required to report your test scores to the state upon completion of the class.
- Attend and successfully complete our Tennessee ABC approved 5-hour ABC Server Permit class.
- Check your email account for an email from the Tennessee ABC containing your 5-year ABC Server Permit (usually within 3-5 business days).
Upcoming Knoxville ABC Class Schedule:
many classes as you need by changing the
quantity of classes to what you need.
Be sure to include your phone number
and please call us with the names of your
attendees and class dates for each one!
ABC Class Only $70.00
Our corporate name is Grey Seize Hospitality
|Enroll securely online using PayPal.
No PayPal account is needed.
All major credit cards are accepted.
We hold ABC classes each week in Knoxville and our classes are available to the public. You DO NOT have to be a bartending student to take the ABC class. Simply call us at the number above to register for the class you want. We are now offering online registration for the class.
Thousands of bartenders and alcohol servers in East Tennessee have taken their ABC Server Training from the Professional Bartending School in Knoxville. We believe in teaching a high quality program and have chosen the Top Shelf Alcohol server training program. It is approved by the State of Tennessee Alcohol Beverage Commission.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions below for answers to most of your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Knoxville ABC Class
(Q) How Much Does it Cost?
(A) The ABC class costs $70.00. The State of Tennessee will charge you an additional $20.00 for your ABC permit and application fee.
(Q) How Often are the Classes Held?
(A) We hold ABC classes approximately every other week. Class dates and times are published on this page.
(Q) Why Do I Have to Register? Can't I Just Show Up?
(A) You must register for the class and prepay the amount when registering. We limit the size of the ABC class and classes fill up quickly. Walk ups on the day of the class are possible based on availability. Make sure you arrive 30 minutes before scheduled class time and bring $70 in cash or a credit card to pay for your class. If the class is full, we will have to turn you away. Course rules dictate the number of students allowed per instructor.
(Q) Are There Any Charges for Materials or Hidden Fees?
(A)No! The prepaid $70.00 covers the class and material costs. You will have to pay the State of Tennessee $20.00 when you apply for your ABC card. This fee is separate and charged to every student from any trainer by the State of Tennessee.
(Q) Can I Sign Up and Pay Online?
(A) YES! We now offer payments online using PayPal. Simply click on the "Buy Now" button above and you may register for class by paying online with any major credit card or a PayPal account. Once you pay online, we will contact you by phone and email to confirm your class. Please provide your cell phone number when registering so we may reach you.
(Q) Can I Pay by Cash or Check?
(A) YES! Simply visit the Professional Bartending School of Knoxville during business hours before the day of the class and you may pay by cash, or business check. For directions to our school, visit our directions page.
(Q) Can I Take the Class and Get My ABC Server Permit If I Have a Felony Conviction?
(A) The State of Tennessee Beverage makes that determination. You may take the class from us, but the Tennessee ABC says you will not be eligible for a server permit if you:
- Have been convicted of a felony within the previous 4 years;
- Have been convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony relating to the sale of alcoholic beverages, beer, schedule 1 or 2 controlled substances, any sex-related crime, or embezzlement within the previous 8 years;
- Have had your server permit revoked within the previous 5 years;
- Have had ownership interest in the previous 8 years in an establishment which has had its license revoked.
The felony information above is provided by the Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission. Professional Bartending School can not be held responsible for the accuracy of this information or any future changes made by the Alcoholic Beverage Commission on their requirements to obtain an ABC Permit.
- Students should arrive 30 minutes early for check in.
- Registration fees are non-refundable. Students that fail to attend class on the day for which they are registered without prior notice will be subject to a $20 rescheduling fee.
- Please call us at (865) 693-6609 if you have any questions about the registration process, to reschedule a class or for information on large groups or whole-staff training.